Home > Windows Xp > XP SP2 Intermittant Boot Problem

XP SP2 Intermittant Boot Problem

Contents

System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer. Remnants of Service Pack 2 may still cause some problems, warning and error messages in the system event log, but these should go away once you have successfully reinstalled Service Pack Ultimately, you might need to buy a new Windows XP installation CD if you want to do a Repair Installation. Whether you can have Internet access depends on the kind of Internet connection. have a peek here

VPN connection stops working Service Pack 2 changes the default behavior in a way that makes VPN connections through NAT (Network Address Translation) traversal (NAT-T), i.e. Click [Start] then [Help and Support] then [Performance and Maintenance] then [Using System Restore to undo changes] then [Run the System Restore Wizard]. In those cases where a hard drive fails to spin up, it can be confirmed by holding the drive in your hand while power is applied. Replace the hard drive cable or at least unplug it and then re-plug it back in again.

Windows Xp Startup Repair

Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Disk Boot Failure Solution by purpleforfree / July 27, 2007 12:57 PM PDT In reply to: Disk boot failure: What is it and Find and rename the file on your disk, then click on the Retry button in the error message dialog box. Comments (in order from older to newest) "I have the exact same issue on a Gateway computer. Yes, that's crucial in some cases.

  • Windows then generates an APIPA address in the 169.254.x.y range (see chapter APIPA Addresses in Private IP Addresses).
  • The file encodedivxext.dll is the culprit in this case.
  • BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
  • For the "Error 0x800710D9 Unable to read from or write to the database" you would need to delete or rename the %systemroot%\Security\*.log files as well (rename them to e.g. *.log.old).
  • All voltages were normal, and there were no dropouts on the oscilloscope.
  • How to enable SQL Server connectivity on Windows XP Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841251/ Other networking problems Simple actions are to disable the firewall for a brief test (don't do this while
  • Uninstall the third party software.

If that is ok, and set properly already, then I would suggest making sure that your computer is able to read from all the drives properly. What happens? Upgrade the drivers to the latest versions, particularly hard disk controller drivers (RAID, SATA, others), graphics adapter drivers, and USB related drivers, but some other older drivers can also cause problems. Disk Boot Failure Windows 7 CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).

This can happen, for example, when you use Frontpage for the first time with the service pack to upload a web site via ftp. Reboot. The method you use to restore the system will depend on what backup utility you used, so you'll need to follow the utility's instructions on how to perform a restore operation. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311"Roy Colson" wrote in message news:[email protected]> When I boot or restart my computer, a Dell 2350, running XP SP2 it will > not make it to the Welcome Screen.

Read the chapter Read this first above for procedures. Windows Xp Won't Start In Safe Mode In the US call (800) 936-5700 and press 0 to get to an operator. Then go into Control Panel, Security Center and click on the firewall Recommendations button. List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811113/ Available disk space is used as follows (LIS = Local Install Source, the install files remain on disk; CAB =

Windows Xp Startup Repair Without Disk

Pressing F2 and entering the BIOS set-up utility was unnecessary for me.The only thing left is to re-set the date and time, though if the box (in Date and Time Properties, Discussion is locked Flag Permalink You are posting a reply to: Disk boot failure: What is it and what can I do to resolve it The posting of advertisements, profanity, or Windows Xp Startup Repair I really can't afford to replace this computer right now. Windows Xp Won't Start Here's a look at the likely culprits and what you can do to fix the problem.

What do I do to resolve this? navigate here There is an option in the advanced menu to suppress automatic rebooting once. On data files, that isn't an issue...but I think it's an issue with Windows and with any program looking for the prospective file versions it needs to perform properly. Dial-up connections or Remote Access Connection Manager problems The following Microsoft Knowledge Base article refers to a similar problem with Service Pack 1 and may still apply. Windows Xp Not Starting In Any Mode

If you cannot get Windows XP to boot at all and cannot get an updated BIOS in time, you may have to do a repair installation of Windows XP. Now if friends/family do call me about intermittent boot problems I recommend disconnecting any external usb hard drives and then rebooting the system." Oct. 3, 2009, 11:55 AM by Tom Leave Suspecting a power supply problem, I consulted Dan Y. Check This Out If you want only ping responses without file and printer sharing, click on the Advanced tab, then the ICMP Settings button.

Make sure all required services are running. Windows Xp Not Booting In Safe Mode Instantaneous response of the power button seems to indicate to me that windows has not loaded as if it had, I would have to hold down button for several seconds to Brian Cooley found it for you at CES 2017 in Las Vegas and the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

If your machine came pre-installed with Windows XP and has not had XP Service Packs 1 or 2 applied, you may find that some applications need reinstalling after doing a Repair

by thubbster / April 20, 2012 8:57 AM PDT In reply to: Disk boot failure When it won't even start? Note by Torgeir Bakken: Svcpack.log is the wrong file to look at, it is Setupapi.log you need to look at. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list (there may only be one) and press to start the repair. Start Windows Normally Problem Xp Figure C In-place upgrade This screen will prompt you to press R to repair the selected installation or to press [Esc] to install a fresh copy of Windows XP.

A last resort would be a repair installation of Windows XP, followed by applying Service Pack 2 once more. Computer does not work properly with Service Pack 2 Problem may not be related to Service Pack 2 If the problem you experience has been there before installing Service Pack 2 How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/ Installation freezes in normal and safe mode 2006-12-21 – Chris Llorca (http://www.ChrisLLorca.com/) wrote: I recently had my Windows XP professional computer this contact form For example, the device pathname format for a standard bootable drive C configuration would look like this: DeviceHardDisk0 #8: Disable automatic restart When Windows XP encounters a fatal error, the default

This test could reveal that it is indeed a DMA driver problem. If you cannot even boot in safe mode, try to boot in Standard VGA mode. This time the system booted the very first time, and trying it three times in a row confirmed it - the problem was fixed - it had been caused by the If there are no overriding objections, uninstall the old version completely, then install the new version.

you may have a faulty motherboard. Reinstall the matching graphics adapter driver.