Home > Windows Xp > XP Pro Install Fails On 300 Gig Drive

XP Pro Install Fails On 300 Gig Drive

Contents

Posts: 6,000 +15 read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic36678.html Feb 14, 2006 #5 (You must log in or sign up to reply here.) Show Ignored Content Topic Status: Not open for further replies. share|improve this answer edited Sep 8 '09 at 11:12 community wiki 2 revscaliban If you're using more than one (physical) drive anyway, your swap file really shouldn't be on It's running now. Your name or email address: Do you already have an account? have a peek here

Search through over 5000+ Articles! Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart Access Any Country Restricted Website How To Remove MacDefender Online File Sync Speed Test: Mozy, Dropbox, SpiderOak, Mesh, SugarSync 100% Advertising Revenue To Be Donated To Japan Reply fuzzy says: August 24, 2013 at 14:24 exact same laptop model and drive size and it worked. Reply Rosco says: September 23, 2010 at 09:27 Hi Nhikol…DBAN wipes hard disks so it's likely that you'll get this error after using DBAN.

Setup Did Not Find Any Hard Disk Drives Installed In Your Computer

Something I had done was preventing OS upgrades from happening. Your cache administrator is webmaster. Microsoft get it sorted. No, create an account now.

  • Damn near pulled my hair out after a week trying!
  • I slipped a pay it forward card under his door mat when I was finished.
  • Login now.
  • Go to BIOS -> config -> Serial ATA - (AHCI to Compatibility) Reply hugo says: August 16, 2011 at 18:33 thank you so much Bro you are the best Reply wayne

I found at; http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp Thanks for the help. And that is that your motherboard's BIOS has this capability. Changing Sata settings in BIOS worked with my Lenovo T61 and solved the problem. Setup Did Not Find Any Hard Disk Drives Installed In Your Computer Server 2003 Nov 22, 2005 #1 Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666 The problem may still be from the Promise.

Glad the article helped ya out! You ROCK !! Hurray, goodbye vista, finally!! By the time I was done with all the installations and tweaks, I found I had 11099 ready to be installed.

My solution: Install Win XP on an IDE drive. Windows Xp Install Can't Find Hard Drive At this stage it is more advisable to try to download the correct drivers from the manufacturers website and either create a Windows XP CD with those drivers on it as R. Followed solution 1 and seemed to do the trick - thanks!

How Much Space Required For Windows Xp

Someone may have already posted this and I missed it, but you may want to check if you have a restore point. D.VerlagCengage LearningISBN128516072X, 9781285160726Länge1264 Seiten  Zitat exportierenBiBTeXEndNoteRefManÜber Google Books - Datenschutzerklärung - AllgemeineNutzungsbedingungen - Hinweise für Verlage - Problem melden - Hilfe - Sitemap - Google-Startseite Top NavWindows 10 Forum Featured Articles How Setup Did Not Find Any Hard Disk Drives Installed In Your Computer It will go into the initial setup and then it goes into a black screen with a flashing underscore. What Is The Minimum Ram Requirement For Installing Windows Xp Then the Windows-10 upgrade process succeeded.

My new problem is to stop installation of Windows 10 automatically again. http://newsgrouphosting.com/windows-xp/xp-install-asks-for-prior-install-disk.php If I did not need Office I would never ever touch Microsoft. Reply donald December 21, 2016 at 9:26 am # All I did was to uninstall ,Norton. OK then. Windows Xp Size On Cd

Reply K Kwan March 11, 2016 at 8:06 am # I have given up. Reply Suresh says: February 23, 2012 at 04:12 my Problem has solved now , thanks for you advise Reply Samoun says: March 6, 2012 at 17:49 Your first solution work for So we'll assume there's no problem for you on that end. Check This Out Should I keep on using "compatibility" setting?

Great post! Hard Drive Not Detected While Installing Windows 7 Solution 1 on the money! Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart Initramfs Prompt When Ubuntu Boots Download: SDFix.exe Cannot Join Domain – Windows 7 or 2008 Server Download: BCUPDATE2 SKU001.CAB is missing Latest Tutorials Apple Photos: Batch Edit

if not can call me on +91-9819000732 Reply hp user says: July 7, 2013 at 05:56 Thank you, very helpful article!

This already happened more than 10 times. But on start-up I can't do anything to change my Phoenix Bios 77.11 besides maybe changing the system time or date. See http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=89 for info. "F" <> wrote in message news:43456a31$0$49785$... > I'm trying to install Win XP Pro onto a new Maxtor 300GB hard drive using > my Win XP Pro Xp Clothing Size Setting the SATA config to Compatibility mode worked like a charm!

Rosco. System consists of: ASUS P4PE motherboard with Intel 2.53 Pentium 4 chip ATI AIW 8500DV graphics card (on XP's "supported hardware" list) 1 gig RAM 2 mobile racks 2 DVD burners Abarbarian posted Jan 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM Review round up - 20 January 2017 Becky posted Jan 20, 2017 at 2:11 PM Linux World - a smorgasbord of penguins ! this contact form Similar Topics Zone Alarm free install-fails to initialize in XP Pro Mar 16, 2008 XP Pro fails to copy install files during rebuild Sep 4, 2007 XP Pro fresh install fails

Reply Echo says: July 27, 2011 at 01:24 Hi, I also met the same problem during I install Windows Server 2003 on HP ProLiant LD140 G3 server. To bad I still need to have some kind of Window$ on my machine parallel with Linux for compatability reasons… Reply Abu B siddique says: September 12, 2012 at 23:44 really If your hard disk is full, this might prevent Windows Setup from successfully completing. How do you know which one to pick?

Thanks . . . thanks a lot for the article….. Login _ Social Sharing Find TechSpot on... however both were burnt from the same source but the other one worked … funny, isn't it?

your solution worked on my acer travel mate.. Thank you thank you Reply Urkone says: August 8, 2011 at 05:07 Thanks for the help worked like a charm Reply AZSarge says: August 10, 2011 at 11:31 I can change Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart NTLDR is compressed. What do you have on your Primary and secondary controller?

Capture Date Discussion Wow, 259 Comments! Terrific! Member Login Remember Me Forgot your password? Nov 22, 2005 #3 ru_ready TS Rookie Posts: 22 this worked for me Hi had same prob...