Home > Windows 7 > Can' Find Msconfig?

Can' Find Msconfig?

Contents

Additionally, you can use the Search charm to search for "msconfig" and it will find the command. Open Regedit.exe > >> and> >> navigate to:> >>> >> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths]> >>> >> Create a new sub-key named "MSCONFIG.EXE"> >>> >> Then, select this key:> >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App> >> Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE> >>> Press [Windows R], enter [cmd] and hit [enter].Type in the following command if you are running Windows XP: (assuming E is the letter of the drive containing the Windows CD and I'm>> > confused.>> >>> > I would have thought that I would have to replace this program since it>> > was>> > deleted. check my blog

Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Can't ffind MSCONFIG file by novicerover / January 11, 2007 3:16 AM PST In reply to: Start menu is located in you Document That was fast. Generated Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:31:28 GMT by s_hp81 (squid/3.5.20) Computerstepbystep Computer Maintenance Infected Pc Installations Download Donate Computer step by step Make your Pc better Type C:\Windows\System32 and press Enter Outdated drivers can often cause crashes, file loss and even permanent damage to your computer. http://windowsreport.com/msconfig-windows-8/

Msconfig Missing Windows 7

I can access it when I type> in the full path: %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe>> I have no problems accessing REGEDIT or DXDIAG from the run command.>> I cannot find MSCONFIG.EXE under apps path Why can't I access MSCONFIG? If you don't like the stock appearance of Google Home, here are two quick and easy ways to make it truly yours. Double-click on the value to change the path if it is wrong.

I have Avast installed and I also ran Dr. I suspect more files >> > are>> > missing. Why can't I access MSCONFIG? Msconfig Location Windows 10 I've checked this forum > >> > and> >> > another but nothing seems to fit exactly.

If you want to remove DNS Unlocker quickly, this article is for you How to delete Tencent QQ with ease Handy instructions for removing Tencent QQ effortlessly Partners Security Stronghold Entered into Run as usual,advised cant find file ! solved Cannot find a network to connect to after clean reinstall of windows 10 solved "Windows cannot find [program]" solved Cannot find network driver to connect to the 'net after Clean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/cant-find-msconfig/e9cf6d76-d17c-45b9-b861-984407e9503e As you can see, accessing MsConfig in both Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is very simple.

I'll scan for the file. Msconfig Windows 7 Command Prompt Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Good luck by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 11, 2007 7:24 PM PST In reply to: Can't ffind MSCONFIG file I'm sorry we Thx sooo much!! By the way, I am unable to > > start> > a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's attention.> > Thanks> >> > > >

Msconfig Windows 7 Location

By the way, I am unable to > start> a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's attention.> Thanks>> AnonymousJun 10, 2005, 1:34 PM Archived from But do keep in mind that starting with Windows 10, Windows 8, MsConfig will not manage startup programs, as these will be modified via Task Manager. Msconfig Missing Windows 7 Why can't I access MSCONFIG? Windows Cannot Find Msconfig Windows 10 By the way, I am unable > >> >> > to> >> >> > start> >> >> > a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's

In C:\XP\i386 there are a slew of dos commands with .EX_> > extensions. Windows firewall and Privacy Gaurdian installed after the problem. Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Re: Cant find MSCONFIG file by Tufenuf / January 6, 2007 11:54 PM PST In reply to: Cant find MSCONFIG file novicerover, Here's The malware often attacks system files like msconfig. Download Msconfig.exe For Windows 7

You might also want to know how to fix “Windows cannot find javaw.exe” error on your computer, then you can read it here. The easiest way to do that is by extracting it again from the Windows installation CD or DVD.To extract it from the Windows CD you need to run a command from Reply Philip Hixenbaugh February 15, 2012 at 11:42 pm # Now, my problem seems to go deeper then you've discussed here, I can't find msconfig.exe . http://newsgrouphosting.com/windows-7/windows-7-backup-utility-can-t-find-backup-files.php I did put a copy of it in the binaries folder however.

Click here to Register a free account now! Msconfig Path Windows 8 By the way, I am unable to>> > start>> > a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's attention.>> > Thanks>> >>> >>>>> AnonymousJun 10, 2005, Have you added it as I stated?>> How do I find out and fix other problems which may be lurking out thereFor example?-- Ramesh SrinivasanMS-MVP, Windows ShellWindows XP Troubleshootinghttp://www.winhelponline.com"LinusF" wrote

seems I have a virus that is locking me out of all the fixes I try.

Automatic solution: Download PC Health Advisor What is msconfig? C:\Documents and Settings\Jason>sfc/scannow C:\DOCUME~1\Jason>findstr /C:"[SR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\ cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt FINDSTR: Cannot open C:\WINDOWS\logs\cbs\cbs.log C:\DOCUME~1\Jason> I also opened edit sfcdetails.txt and it didn't show any files that couldn't be Why do I have this error? Download Msconfig.exe For Windows Xp In your reply you gave me an "example" path to MSCONFIG.EXE.

Intel®Business Exchange Microsoft Partner Network Comp USA Tiger Direct Mogh Group (M) Sdn. It took 45 minutes and 100 or so taps on "retry" (reminded me of playing Space Invaders 20 years ago). It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln Back to top #7 cryptodan cryptodan Bleepin Madman Members 21,868 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:Catonsville, Md Local time:05:32 PM Posted 05 May As you can see, accessing MsConfig in both Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is very simple.

You can double-click the default entry to change the path if it is the wrong one.If the msconfig.exe key does not exist in the Windows Registry do the following:Right-click the App Discussions cover Windows 2003 Server, Windows installation, adding and removing programs, driver problems, crashes, upgrading, and other OS-related questions.Real-Time ActivityMy Tracked DiscussionsFAQsPoliciesModerators General discussion Can't find MSCONFIG file by novicerover / Why can't I access MSCONFIG? Also, in Windows 10, Windows 8, you can open the Run window from the shortcuts menu in the bottom left corner.

How do I solve > >> > this> >> > problem?> >> >> >> > Please Help!> >> >> >>> >> > > AnonymousApr 9, 2005, 3:05 AM Archived from groups: This will place a copy where it belongs.Tufenuf Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Can't find msconfig file by novicerover / January 7, 2007 1:31 AM PST In reply Additionally, you can use the Search charm to search for "msconfig" and it will find the command. To update latest position and Ack.help given.!!!

By controlling these startup programs, users will be able to improve the startup time of their devices. In this case proceed to step two. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln Back to top #5 cryptodan cryptodan Bleepin Madman Members 21,868 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:Catonsville, Md Local time:05:32 PM Posted 05 May Thanks!

Find the solutions in this article and solve the problem. In C:\XP\i386 there are a slew of dos commands with .EX_ extensions. About CNET Privacy Policy Ad Choice Terms of Use Mobile User Agreement Help Center News Windows 10 Windows 10 Anniversary Update Gaming About MsConfig in Windows 8, Windows 10: How to Top 30+ Games to Download From the Windows Store Microsoft to bring Windows 10 Universal apps to Xbox One Skype Desktop for Windows 8, 10 to get a Refreshed User Interface,

Read More. We are getting > > there!!!!> > Thanks.+-> >> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:> >> >> Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:> >>> >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths> >>> >> Create a new key named SpyHunter has Bronze Antispyware Certification and it is an OPSWAT Certified Partner. By putting in your recommended path I can pull up both of them.

But do keep in mind that starting with Windows 10, Windows 8, MsConfig will not manage startup programs, as these will be modified via Task Manager. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality. Opening MsConfig in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 We recommend this tool to update all your drivers automatically Downloading drivers manually can be a long and tedious process. How do I know where the "full path" to> MSCONFIG.EXE is located - according to Windows it was apparently deleted.>> In your reply you gave me an "example" path to MSCONFIG.EXE.