Home > Internet Explorer > IE8 And Favorites Have Changed.

IE8 And Favorites Have Changed.

Contents

Generated Mon, 16 Jan 2017 16:47:03 GMT by s_hp107 (squid/3.5.23) ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://0.0.0.6/ Connection WHOSE DUMB IDEA WAS THAT? In most cases, Windows XP holds your Favorites folder in the following location: c:\documents and settings\user account\favorites The “user account" folder above is the name of your account in Windows XP Alternatively, you can hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and hit the “r" key. check over here

Anybody else found a way to change the HOME icon in IE 8 or am I just too stupid to find it and the option was there all along?? You just get a red circle with a diagonal line. Close the Registry Editor by selecting Exit from the File menu. Restart your computer and your Favorites are likely to operate normally with Internet Explorer 8. http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-and-favorites-have-changed-378727.html

Where Are Ie Favorites Stored In Windows 7

why would anyone want microsuck suggesting sites??? Changing the Favorites Folder Properties To change the location of the Favorites folder by changing its properties, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the current location of the Favorites folder (most By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies.Tell me more | Cookie Preferences Partially Powered By Products Found At Lampwrights.com How-To Geek Articles He is the series editor for the Pocket Consultant line of books.

Bummer. Bestselling author and Windows expert William Stanek doesn't just show you the steps you need to follow, he also tells you how features work, why they work, and how you can I have to move it very gingerly in order to 'click' on the folder or site I want.This is irritating as hell. Chrome Favorites Folder Location Before you make any changes to the Registry, backup all your important files or leave the editing of the Registry to a professional.

Your cache administrator is webmaster. Subscribe / Connect Ghacks Technology NewsletterGhacks Daily NewsletterAdvertisement Popular Cumulative Windows 10 Update KB3194496 installation issues September 30, 2016 Microsoft's explanation for pushing Windows 10 upgrades raises questions December 25, 2016 This problem is only present on my desktop computer, not on my laptop. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/favorites-all-changed-to-urls/0e8b0820-a827-46c5-a03e-dc49613dd8d5 problem with two inboxes in Outlook Thunderbird.

It is recommended that you do move all the files, so click Yes. Where Are Internet Explorer 11 Favorites Stored She loves watching and reading mysteries and is an avid Doctor Who fan. I need some recommendations on a... changing path Changing Source Path in GPO More resources See also Changing Installation Path changing file path from d: to c: changing path for "default" my docs folder????

Internet Explorer 11 Favorites Location

Click on START and then click on RUN. Although the drive letter could be anything other than “c," most people install Windows on a computer’s “c" drive. Where Are Ie Favorites Stored In Windows 7 Copyright © 2006-2017 How-To Geek, LLC All Rights Reserved

Get exclusive articles before everybody else. Internet Explorer Favorites Location Windows 10 It also happens that some icons do not appear in the command toolbar but have to be accessed by clicking on the down arrow on the right of it which indicates

Everytime I used the mouse to right click on a favorite, it hung up with the hour glass display, (not locked). Generated Mon, 16 Jan 2017 16:47:03 GMT by s_hp107 (squid/3.5.23) Bright Hub Home Business Computing Education Mobile Science Electronics MoreSign In Join Environment Multimedia Internet Finances Leave a comment Home > I simply need it when doing webdevelopment, but it also has many annoyances, so for regular browsing it remains untouched.One huge annoyance I discovered in ff is that Ctrl + F For example, if your computer won’t turn on, you need to check to see that it is plugged in before you open the computer up and start fiddling around inside. Ie Favorites Registry Location Windows 7

There is NO IE8 OPTION ANYWHERE to put all toolbar elements on ONE toolbar on ONE line. Just pull the darn button over to the right of the the links toolbar, tighten the browser until it drops into the overflow, open the overflow, right click the suggested sites If your Favorites are not working, you need to make sure your Favorite folder is “plugged in" and ready for use. this content Published 06/4/12 SHOW ARCHIVED READER COMMENTS (3) Comments (3) June 4, 2012 mgo As part of my daily backup routine, I have a simple batch file to handle Favorites.

Your cache administrator is webmaster. Internet Explorer Favorites Location Windows 8 Also, the down arrow for folders on the favorites toolbar takes space causing the toolbar to be wider than it should be. imagine me on a 28" screen and my cursor on the scrollbar...

If you used the Move button to change the location, select a new location on the Select a Destination dialog box and click Select Folder.

Learn how you can get your Favorites to start working again in IE8. Which is fine but then after using the IE8 for a week or so it ask the same thing again like you had just installed it, this should not be. The Yahoo Messenger shows the wrong picture, it shows a cog wheel, which is the icon for "Tools" on the command bar. Windows Explorer Favorites Location That's highly confusing.

So to be honest, I don't really know about these annoyances since I use IE with another look and feel around it.On the other hand I'm really no firefox lover. the two little green people), the other icon is for Yahoo Messenger. I have lots of links in my Links folder and I want to be able to access them from a DROP-DOWN BUTTON ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE LIKE IN IE-7. I recently did a ‘clean upgrade' from Vista to 7 on my father's PC and thanks to this everything was in place in a few minutes.

WHY DOES THE DROP-DOWN BUTTON HAVE TO DISAPPEAR IF I CHOOSE TO HIDE THE FAVORITES BAR??? Would be nice in our domain. Users of the Firefox web browser for example can merge all toolbars into one while Internet Explorer 8 users sit there with lots of blank screen estate because of this. The system returned: (22) Invalid argument The remote host or network may be down.

Dragging a link to the top (near other tabs) opens it in a new tab, again I prefer that because I don't like mouse gestures or anything like them. Or, use TweakUI and change the location of these Special folders.-- Ramesh, Microsoft MVPWindows XP Shell/Userhttp://windowsxp.mvps.org"Linda" wrote in message news:l%[email protected] is it possible to change the path for Favorites.? I want to have it inan other dir than default.Linda Ask a new question Read More Configuration Favorites Customization Microsoft Windows XP Related Resources solved Changing BF3 game files directory path