Home > Hard Drive > Different Sata Drives In Asus P4p800

Different Sata Drives In Asus P4p800

Contents

Wd 80gb sata / port 1Wd 160gb ide / port 2 (I will eventually get a hold of another 80gb wd to raid them up. And this is Windows XP. So be sure you have the driver on a floppy and it should have come with your motherboard. Parts: ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard Western Digital Raptor SATA hdd (1) The steps are not that difficult once you know how: 1) Plug in 1 sata hdd to the first plug More about the author

Is their a performance advantage in setting my HDD as a Raid one with the relevant drivers ?JP PaulJul 6, 2005, 8:30 PM Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)In article <[email protected]>, Even so, assuming 7.8MB/s, that's still only 15% of the low end of your HDD's sustained throughput rate. Ian Fri, Jun 30 2006 2:45 PM In reply to smyers63 Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006 Dallas, Texas Posts 3,736 Points 44,065 Re: IDE and SATA Drives - ASUS P4P800 First, here's a rough overview of the important bits:Msi 865pe neo2 pfisr motherboard120gb ide hd - on ide1 as master160gb sata hd - on "ide3"1 dvd-rom drive - on ide2 as http://community.avid.com/forums/p/20008/111387.aspx

How To Connect Ide Hard Drive To Sata Motherboard

But my question is, should i just leave it there or should i hook it up to a regular ide port?Configurations:-Nf7-s rev 2Amd 2400+ m @ 2400mhz3200 ocz 200x12Pioneer dvd-rw / The sustained speed is what I gave you but I called it continuous. But i see there is ide and sata type hard drives.

ASUS hairdryer type heatsink, lowers the CPU by 10C ove other heatsinks. [view my complete system specs] Asus P5ad2 E Premium, P4 3.4gb, 2gb DDR2 ram. My old hard drive is ide, my new one sata. I have a P4 3Ghz with XP on the HDD. How To Make Ide Boot Instead Of Sata I base mine on the sustained data rate when I want a hard drive for audio/video editing.The only thing that surprised me was the sustained data rate in those tests was

aaron.richardson @ gmail.com thank you so much for your help. Sata And Ide Hard Drives Together RAID 0 is a stripe,intended for performance (RAID 0 can use many disks to improveperformance, but motherboard chips typically only support twodisks in a RAID 0 array). Let Windows run through all of its setup routines and updates. 7. http://www.chovy.com/ui-design/install-sata-hdd-on-asus-a8v-deluxe-motherboard/ In terms of the 50%, I thought that was not unusual.

View Related Posts . . Ide Hard Drive Jumper Settings Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2Next > Sort Posts: Oldest to newest Newest to oldest Previous Next Fri, Jun 30 2006 9:59 AM Dean Murray Joined on Fri, Nov This will not remove any data from your drives. It was fixed later on but only after I moved to an Intel 875PBZ Board.

Sata And Ide Hard Drives Together

The first one is recognized by Windows Explorer. https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/mixing-sata-and-ide-drives-in-a-system-115142/ by rbird / July 22, 2005 11:48 PM PDT In reply to: Mixing SATA and IDE drives in a system? How To Connect Ide Hard Drive To Sata Motherboard Does anyone know where i may be able to purchase these? Ide And Sata Drives In Same Computer View 6 Replies .

Flag Permalink This was helpful (2) Collapse - Should not be a problem by xpostal / July 22, 2005 1:49 AM PDT In reply to: Mixing SATA and IDE drives in http://newsgrouphosting.com/hard-drive/won-t-see-sata-2-drive.php I thought maybe my cable had gone bad, though unlikely since it was working fine with the old board. But despite that, the bios does recognize the drives are there but I can't figure out why XP won't boot. We know the SATA-II interface can do much better than SATA-I from the burst readings. Motherboard With Ide And Sata Ports

I switched to it for capture and render and Liquid's performance got a lot better. There is no way to stop the raid from looking for what it calls signed drives. You may want to re-install windows on to the SATA drive since it will be faster, but not by much. click site Also, a question, not necessarily regarding this converter:When a hard drive is connected, but not necessarily being accessed, does it still draw quite a bit of power from the power supply,

Versions of the manual for other Southbridgesare also in this FTP tree - but earlier versions contain a lesscomplete manual:ICH7 matrix RAID.ftp://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/manual50_oem.pdfRAID 1 is a mirror, intended for reliability. What Are The Two Goals When Implementing A Raid Solution Winamp stops playing, until the copy is finished. Aa 200 gig drive as master on the 2nd IDE channel with the DVD burner as a slave.

Set up your Array: Upon first boot, the Promise BIOS should tell you that there are an equal number of RAID arrays defined as there are hard drives connected to the

I'd rather purchase from a company that others have used than one i haven't heard of. If the drive is doing 3.4, the percentage is even lower. Give us a call (800) 222-4700 Español: (800) 222-4701 Fax: (260) 432-1758 Email us Sweetwater 5501 U.S. How Many Hard Drives Can Be Connected To A Single Ide Cable DRIVERS Download: We recommend using the latest available drivers when configuring your RAID controller.

Posted On: 12-20-2009, 12:33 PM . I can boot off the SATA only if I have no IDE drives attached. It would suck having to re-install everything. navigate to this website As always he/she is doing a good job.

My bad. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base. I do not need or want any kind of RAID, i just want the computer to recognise the new disks! Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - 1.

Apr 7, 2007 #5 kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154 +6 Is the 3 gb/s transfer rate even necessary? Choose between the defaults, which should be Performance (Stripe), Data Security (Mirror), Safety and Performance (Stripe and Mirror) or Capacity (Spanning). 3. One thing: SATA cables are close to the front panel cables, so i don't see much noise there. I would be grateful for your help.

It's 3 giga BITS per second, NOT giga BYTES. Click on it and it will bring up your disk info.